Guide Price: €1,500,000
With its glorious natural scenery, excellent climate, welcoming culture and excellent standards of living, Ireland is quickly gaining a reputation as one of the most desirable places across the world to live or visit. On offer here is a chance to make a smart financial investment in this magnificent part of the world.
Robin Hill House – Period Property – Cobh
Reception Rooms – 5
Bedrooms – 6 all en-suite
Secondary Accommodations: Adjacent 2 bedroom apartment, and 1 bedroom wooden garden chalet. 2nd chalet pending planning permission soon!!
Price – € 1,500,000
Address – Lake Road, Rushbrooke, Cobh, Co Cork.
Postal Code – P24RY88
Extras: Commercial Licensed property, Listed building, Sea view
Land: 0.6 acres
Being sold as a going concern with training and handover included.
This magnificent period property is perched on an elevated position within
Rushbrooke and benefits from panoramic views over Cork Harbour. Rushbrooke is dominated by large detached period dwellings linked to the strong local maritime history. Behind this area of Rushbrooke lies the attractive rolling countryside. The property is situated approximately 1 mile from Cobh town center.
Elegant accommodation in a very private setting!
As you enter through the original, restored Victorian porch you at once sense the peaceful and extraordinary atmosphere of Robin Hill. A large entrance hallway, leads to spacious reception rooms with original plasterwork cornices.
Robin Hill House encompasses the charm and character of the Victorian era with wonderful period features. Henry Hill, a renowned architect, originally designed the House, in 1866, for the esteemed Rushbrooke family. Lord Rushbrooke was an Admiral in the British Royal Navy at the time. It was the Rushbrooke’s family home up until the 1950’s. It was then sold to the Church of Ireland and became a Rectory until the early 1970s. Following this it came into private ownership and over the years it was operating as an up market guest house and a fine dining restaurant, until, the present owner bought it in 2005 and has operated a holistic healing center with an award winning Guest House to the present day.
The house has been tastefully restored and sensitively maintained with many of the original features still intact. The property is in superb condition and enjoys a fine elevated position with a sunny southerly aspect. It overlooks the enchanted, mature garden with, glass house, kitchen garden, and complete privacy. There is a red cedarwood sauna and shower in the garden for guests to enjoy, There a large private parking area to the front of the house.
This is a very rare opportunity to acquire a large much sought after period residence with an award winning Guest House business being sold as a going concern with breath-taking sea views in one of the most beautiful settings in Ireland.
In what would have been the old kitchens of the main house in the Victorian era, is a delightful 2-bedroom apartment with its own private courtyard. It has recently been refurbished to a very high spec with a contemporary twist. A lot of fixtures and fittings are included in the sale.
The Apartment has its own front and rear entrances and can also be accessed through the main house.
The Wine cellar is accessed from the apartment, and there is plenty of scope for change, possibly incorporating the cellar into the apartment/gym/hydro room.
• Entrance Porch: with feature timber windows and doors, original tiled floor and church style windows.
• Entrance hallway: 5.6m x 2m with carpet floor covering, ladies & gents toilets and cloakroom/store room.
• Office: 3.8m x 3.2m with carpet floor covering, fitted shelving (could be opened to create a larger hall / library or media room)
• Main Lounge: 5m x 4.2m with solid oak wooden floor covering, feature bay window overlooking gardens and Cork Harbor, Doorway through to main reception room I.
• Main Reception room I : 9.6m x 4.5m currently used as patient waiting area, with carpet floor covering, part exposed stonewalls, feature glazed window to Reception room II.
• Reception room II: 3.6m x 3.4m with part exposed stonewall with carpet and hardwood floor covering, double French doors to a south facing large patio area, panoramic views over gardens and Cork Harbor, currently being used as a dining & function room
• Kitchen: 4.5m x 3.4m with back door leading to private side yard with suntrap deck, also includes two large storage rooms -Storage room 1: 2.4m x1.4m with window, Storage room 2: 2.4m x 2.8m- )
• Private 2 bedroom apartment: containing a sitting room, kitchen with French door leading to private courtyard, two bedrooms, bathroom with tiled floor and walls, corner bath, wc, whb and separate access. 97sq.m.
• Basement: 5.3m x 5.3m has been used as a wine cellar divided into three areas.
• Bedroom I: 5.2×4.2m with carpet floor covering, overlooking cork harbor, en-suite with tiled floor and walls, wc, whb and shower.
• Bedroom II: 5m x4.4m with carpet floor covering, overlooking harbor, en-suite with tiled floor, wc, whb, and shower.
• Bedroom III: 5.4m x3.8m with carpet floor covering, en-suite with tiled floor, wc, whb, bath and shower.
• Bedroom IV: 5.4m x3.4m with carpet floor covering, overlooking, en-suite with tiled floor, wc, whb, and shower.
• Bedroom V: 5.8m x3.8m with carpet floor covering, overlooking, en-suite with tiled floor and walls, wc, whb, bath and shower.
• Bedroom VI: 5.5m x 5.8m with carpet floor covering, en-suite with tiled walls and floor, wc, whb, bath and shower.
ROBIN HILL CABIN
Set among the trees is this charming self-contained one bed roomed wooden chalet. The cabin is pet friendly, which is very popular often much sought after by animal lovers. The bijoux chalet has its own galley kitchen, bathroom/shower, seating area, deck and dining area.
The owner is presently going to build another cabin in the garden when planning permission is achieved.
The garden is truly an enchanted haven.
Beautiful mature trees line the driveway creating a magnificent canopy into this secluded sanctuary. Steps lead from the large, sun soaked patio into the thriving garden. A wide variety of mature trees and shrubs have been well planted over the years offering privacy to the house, a haven for wildlife, and something to gaze at no matter the season. The garden rests on a sunny southerly aspect trapping the day’s warmth. There is a sauna and shower here also for guests to enjoy.
The garden contains bespoke private seating areas (fairy & angel gardens) for guests to enjoy a drink and relax in. A stone path leads to the glasshouse, garden shed, and kitchen garden where everything seems to flourish. To the side of the house there is a delightful private graveled garden with a concrete deck catching the afternoon sunlight used for staff and owner. There is a spacious garage / utility / store room in this area also.
ABOUT THE AREA
Cobh is a picturesque and historic maritime town on the Great Island, the largest of three islands inside Cork Harbour. The island is now connected by roads and bridges and is also served by a rail & bus link to Cork city. A car ferry crosses the River Lee from Carrigaloe in Cobh to Glenbrook. Cobh is a place of great natural beauty and rich culture. It is noted for its amenities including fishing, bird watching and water sports. The well known Fota Wild Life Park and Arboretum is 15 minutes drive away. Cobh is most famously known as being the last Port of call for the ill fated Titanic. Formally named Queenstown it was also the place where a lot of the Irish emigrants set sail for the USA and Australia during the Irish famine in the mid 1800’s. There are now over 100 cruise liners visiting Cobh each year which greatly enhances the tourist trade. The town provides local shops, fine restaurants and amenities whilst Cork City, Douglas, and Midleton provide comprehensive financial and leisure facilities together with the widest range of shops and services. There are excellent communications with Cork International Airport, only 30 minute’s distance with extensive scheduled flights to Britain and Europe. Cork Ferry Port also provides sailings to the UK and Continental Europe.
• 498m2 of living space
• 2429m2 plot size
• 9 Bedrooms between all dwellings
• 8 Bathrooms between all dwellings
• Private Garden
• Private Parking
• Stunning Views
• Thriving Business with licence to sell wine
• Close to essential amenities like such as supermarkets and pharmacies
• Close to many excellent bars and restaurants
• Great base from which to discover other fantastic areas of Ireland
• Many excellent sports facilities, walking and cycling areas nearby
• Rental Potential through Airbnb and Booking.com
Viewing Strictly By Appointment Only